The main goal of the project is to increase the capacity of the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development (MoESD) of Georgia through a series of capacity-building measures to bring about effective planning and implementation of evidence-based, participatory, and accountable public policy.
In the course of the project, PMCG will undertake the following activities:
- Conducting needs assessment of the MoESD related to the public policymaking process as well as an analysis of the organizational and individual learning system;
- Delivering a tailored training package responding to the capacity needs of the MoESD staff;
- Developing internal procedure documents on public policymaking regarding relevant mechanisms for the institutionalization of organizational and individual learning;
- Providing on-the-job coaching to support the MoESD in developing relevant policy documents;
- Developing an indicator bank to help the Ministry to plan, monitor, and evaluate its policies/projects/initiatives more effectively and efficiently; and
- Developing a recommendations package on the improvement of data management and analysis as well as enhancement of organizational and individual learning.
“Training and Consultation Support in Public Policy to the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development” is being implemented under the UNDP’s initiative “Supporting Public Administration Reform in Georgia – Phase 2.” UNDP continues to support the Administration of the Government of Georgia and separate ministries through its initiative to enhance their capacities and develop evidence-based, participatory, and effective public policies.