Tetra Tech ARD;
The main objective of the project is to support the Parliament of Georgia to adopt a legislative initiative entitled “Green Lines,” which is aimed at creating a legal framework for the protection of green spaces in urban areas. PMCG will support the Environmental Protection and Natural Resources Committee by building its capacity in legislative drafting.
More specifically, in order to attain its goals, PMCG under the USAID-funded Good Governance Initiative (GGI), will undertake the following activities:
- Draft an action plan outlining activities and respective timeline for the legislative drafting process in coordination with the working group;
- Elaborate a monitoring and evaluation system for activities, which will be outlined for implementation in the action plan;
- Coordinate the process aimed at regulating “Green Lines” in the relevant cities with the Georgian government, local self-government bodies, international and non-governmental organizations, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Identify the needs pertinent to regulating “Green Lines” in cities through relevant research and analysis and prepare recommendations;
- Study international best practices on the topic of the draft legislation to be reflected in the finalized legal acts;
- Conduct analysis of the legislation and prepare relevant reports, documents and/or briefs;
- Review and provide feedback and quality checks on the draft legislation put together by the committee; and
- Prepare a user-friendly presentation of the draft legislation in coordination with the working group.
Ultimately, the project seeks to enhance the capacity of the committee in legislative drafting, to develop a well-established standardized process for conducting legislative drafting, and to develop a streamlined drafting model.