Supporting Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure (MRDI), Ministry of Labor, Health and Social Affairs (MOLHSA), Akhaltsikhe, Batumi and Kutaisi Municipalities in Capacity Development of Internal Audit (IA) Units
Government of Georgia
PMCG, as part of a consortium led by Tetra Tech ARD, is providing support to MRDI, MOLHSA, Akhaltsikhe, Batumi and Kutaisi municipalities in capacity development of Internal Audit (IA) units. The objective of this assignment is to develop the capacity of Internal Audit (IA) units at the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure (MRDI), Ministry of Labor, Health and Social Affairs (MOLHSA), and the municipalities of Akhaltsikhe, Batumi and Kutaisi, through providing assistance in developing: (1) IA mid-term (3-year) strategic plans based on risk assessments; (2) IA annual action plans according to IA manuals and guidelines; (3) IA annual reporting.
- PMCG consultants are delivering the following services:
- Reviewing internal audit regulations including laws, manuals and guidelines (www.ia.ge) in order to better understand the current IA regulatory environment
- Researching the work of relevant IA units to determine their scope
- Traveling to the three partner municipalities of Akhaltsikhe, Batumi and Kutaisi
- Conducting a risk assessment of the relevant bodies’ IA environment/systems/processes
- In close cooperation and interaction with the relevant bodies’ internal auditors, developing IA mid-term (3-year) strategic plans
- In close cooperation and interaction with the relevant bodies’ internal auditors, developing IA annual action plans, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), for each party
- Coaching the IA units to develop their annual IA reports for 2015
USAID awarded Tetra Tech ARD with a 5-year contract under the Office of Democracy and Governance, whose purpose is to support the Government of Georgia in strengthening overall transparency, accountability and effectiveness of selected governance and service delivery systems. Good Governance Initiative (GGI)’s work targets the legislative and executive branches at both central and local government levels. To ensure greater government accountability, GGI works with government and civil society representatives to enhance public participation and disseminate public information about key reforms. This activity addresses the Governing Justly and Democratically objective of the U.S. Government’s Foreign Assistance, and especially the promotion of well-governed states and civil society areas.
The objectives of GGI are to improve administrative and financial management of public institutions at all levels, to increase civic engagement and improved access to independent, reliable and balanced information relevant to Georgia’s good governance, to strengthen policy development and lawmaking processes and to strengthen institutional oversight of government.
Follow the links below for more detailed information:
Good Governance Initiative (GGI)
Conduct the Customized Training Programs for Internal Audit Department of the Ministry of IDPs from Occupied Territories, Accommodation and Refugees of Georgia
Training for Local Self-Government Management and Governance
Review of the Implementation of the PFM Management Sector Budget Support Programme (SPSP)
Increasing Program Budgeting Capacity of the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia