Tetra Tech ARD;
The project aimed to support Akhaltsikhe City Hall in implementing its open data commitment under the Open Government Partnership’s (OGP) local program, funded by the USAID Good Governance Initiative (GGI). During the program, Akhaltsikhe City Hall embarked on the mission to identify categories of relevant information for various stakeholders to be collected, processed, and published in an open data format on a permanent basis.
PMCG, as the subcontractor of Tetra Tech ARD, provided services to support the Government of Georgia in strengthening the overall transparency, accountability, and effectiveness of selected governance and service delivery systems.
During the consulting period, PMCG performed the following tasks:
- Holding consultations with Akhaltsikhe City Hall representatives to determine possible stakeholders interested in open data.
- Developing and submitting a list of different interested stakeholders including, but not limited to, representatives of academia as well as the non-government and private sector to ensure their comprehensive involvement in defining categories of information.
- Finalizing categories of information to be published in an open data format.
- Collecting information in the system of Akhaltsikhe City Hall, and analyzing and processing information to ensure the quality of open data.
- Providing support to Akhaltsikhe City Hall to publish at least 20 sets of open data on its website.
Courtesy of the provided services, important steps are being taken to strengthen the level of transparency and accountability of Akhaltsikhe City Hall, as well as to improve open data management practices.