Mendez England & Associates;
The main objective of the project is to create a robust operating and organizational foundation for the Peace Fund, which is a membership-based not-for-profit legal entity under the Government of Georgia’s peace initiative “A Step to a Better Future,” oriented toward facilitating trade across the administrative boundary lines dividing Georgia proper from the occupied regions of Abkhazia and Tskhinvali. The Peace Fund provides financial support to various projects and initiatives that are implementing peace-building activities, building partnerships, and cooperating with domestic and international organizations.
We will undertake the following activities:
- Design an optimal governance, management and organizational structure for the fund;
- Recommend a feasible governance and management setup and functionality, including those for the steering committee, advisory council and the project management board;
- Devise a framework whereby the fund will interface with, and report to, its founders and donors by clearly specifying reporting practices between and among the fund, its founders and other stakeholders;
- Revise the initial concept;
- Recommend an appropriate staffing structure and composition, and devise job descriptions for each recommended position;
- Develop procedures and business processes, including a mechanism to effectively manage the fund’s program cycle from start to finish; and
- Recommend a viable fundraising scheme.
The project is being implemented under the USAID Georgia Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) 2020 Activity, which is led by Mendez England & Associates (ME&A).