The Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic;
Origin Of Funding
The World Bank;
The main objective of the project is to develop effective budgeting planning, implementation and monitoring in Kyrgyzstan as well as to increase its budget transparency.
More specifically, we will undertake the following activities:
- Boost budget predictability through clarifying the key directions of fiscal policy (KDFP) and fiscal risk documents;
- Increase the effectiveness of government expenditure by strengthening the interrelation between the KDFP and the annual budget;
- Introduce medium-term strategies for budget expenditure (MTSBE) practice;
- Enhance program-based budgeting through support to 10 pilot chief controllers of budget funds (CCBFs) in preparation for program-based budgeting (PBB) aligned with the MTSBE;
- Identify and monitor the PBB performance indicators;
- Strengthen the quality of the PBB and its alignment with the MTSBE in 20 CCBFs covered within the first CB PFM project as well as provide practical assistance in identification and monitoring of PBB performance indicators;
- Introduce the PBB practice in at least five local self-governments in different regions; and
- Conduct vertical functional analysis of the ministry’s structure and optimize its business processes.