EVET Communication Unit
European Delegation to Georgia
The overall objective of the project is to increase awareness, understanding, and support for the EU and its activities in Georgia, particularly among Georgians.
The specific objective of the project is to increase awareness among the Georgia public about EU sector reform programs in the areas of employment and vocational education and training and their short and long-term impacts on people’s lives and the country’s development.
The project has two components:
1. Development of Employment and Vocational Education and Training (EVET) Sector
- Communication Strategy and Action Plan
- Closely aligned with the overall Communication Strategy of the EU Delegation
- Based on thorough stakeholder analysis, opinion polls and interviews
- Proposing adjustments for communication activities to ensure largest possible impact
2. EVET Information Campaigns
- To emphasize achievements made in Georgia with EU support
- To present content, objectives and impact of sector intervention on people’s lives
- To plan actions based on activities and results of EU-funded interventions
- To ensure all relevant EU projects have coherent and coordinated communication strategies
- To support the branding and promotion process, which has been started by the EUVEGE project separately in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) and labor market sectors
Special focus is attached to increasing awareness about ongoing active labor market/employment policies and VET reforms supported by the EU in Georgia among public institutions, and various selected target groups. Particular attention will be devoted to regions with significant populations of ethnic minorities.
Planning and implementation of visibility activities is conducted in close coordination with the EU Project “Technical Assistance (TA) to VET and Employment Reforms in Georgia” (EUVEGE) and other project visibility teams. The project team is closely cooperating with the communication teams of other current and future EU communication projects and other relevant government bodies.
The EU Delegation in Georgia is responsible for providing up-to-date and accessible information on the EU and its activities in Georgia, including overseeing and ensuring the visibility of EU-funded projects. At the moment, one of the challenges of the EU Delegation is to increase the project visibility in main sector initiatives such as Employment and Vocation Education and Training (EVET). The project will be implemented under the EU Framework Contract COM 2015 – LOT 2 Communication.
Follow the links below for related projects:
Support to the Center for Analysis and Communication of Economic Reforms under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Legislative, Institutional and Economic Reforms in the Fiscal Sector
Mayors for Economic Growth
Support to the Development of the Criminal Policy, Prosecution and Investigation in Georgia
Needs Assessment of the Public Audit Institute (PAI) of State Audit Office (SAO)