Origin Of Funding
Eastern Europe and Balkans;
The main objective of the project is to create a business intelligence module (BIM) for the State Customs Service (SCS) of Ukraine, and to enhance its risk analysis system.
More specifically, we will undertake the following activities:
- Identify requirements for the design of a BIM for the SCS;
- Guide the implementation of a separately selected (3rd-party) service provider that has to deliver development works, software licenses and maintenance, which together are intended to build, test, train, and launch the business intelligence platform;
- Obtain relevant data, analyze available data sources, initial data load, and prepare conclusions about data quality and conformity;
- Assess data availability, quality, and conformity with the BIM’s purpose;
- Secure decision by SCS officials about the finalized scope of production of the applications;
- Develop data extraction algorithms, as well as blending, mapping, and consolidating data from the sources provided by the SCS, where required;
- Place the results in the designed data model, which will then be used to build analytical applications comprising dashboards, analysis, and reporting and self-service tools;
- Provide sizing and handling installation of the business intelligence platform in the technical environment provided by the SCS;
- Enhance the automated system of analysis and risk (ASAUR) management to decrease the number of containers subject to physical inspections and allow Ukraine`s private sector, including SMEs, to benefit from better border management through:
- Evaluating the SCS’s automated system of analysis and risk management;
- Analyzing the risk factors;
- Identifying functionality flaws; and
- Assessing the legislative gaps.
- Upgrade the SCS’s ASAUR system based on the conducted analysis as well as a review of customs declarations;
- Support the SCS to detect, address, and forecast customs violations;
- Strengthen the capacity of the SCS and boost its internal procedures in data collection and analysis; and
- Contribute to making the SCS’s decision-making process data-driven and strongly focused on transparency and commercial impact.