Budget and Finance Committee Strategy and Action Plan
Tetra Tech ARD
he project is designed to strengthen the Parliament’s oversight capabilities and policy planning process through improving communication with citizens as well as with stakeholders.
The main objective of this project is to support the Budget and Finance Committee of the Parliament of Georgia in developing the committee’s medium-term strategic development plan, communication plan, and corresponding action plan.
In order to attain its goals, PMCG, as part of a consortium led by Tetra Tech ARD, under the USAID-funded Good Governance Initiative (GGI), will undertake the following activities:
- Conduct a desk review of relevant materials, including policies and applicable stakeholders’ materials;
- Conduct a needs assessment of committee operations and stakeholder analysis;
- Conduct interviews with committee leadership, members of parliament (MPs), as well as relevant stakeholders inside and outside the Parliament;
- Draft the committee strategy and action plan;
- Update strategy and action plan based on feedback of MPs and relevant staff;
- Alongside the strategy, develop a strategy implementation plan and a set of performance indicators; and
- Present the final version to committee leadership and MPs.
Follow the links below for related projects:
Good Governance Initiative (GGI)
Needs Assessment of the Public Audit Institute (PAI) of State Audit Office (SAO)
Developing 2017 Program Budget of Batumi City Municipality and Citizens’ Guide
Supporting the State Audit Office (SAO) to Review Its Communication Policy and Action Plan and Evaluate its “Budget Monitor” Platform
Develop Investment Catalogue for Kutaisi and Batumi
Fiscal Risk Monitoring for the Ministry of Finance of Georgia (MoF)