Assistance to the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine (MoEDT) with Implementation of Reform of the State Management of Intellectual Property Rights
Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine (MoEDT)
UK Department for International Development Good Governance Fund (GGF)
Eastern Europe and Balkans
The project is aimed at supporting the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine (MoEDT) in the implementation of intellectual property (IP) rights reform.
In order to reach its objectives, PMCG, as part of a consortium led by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP UK (PwC), under a UK Government Good Governance Fund (GGF) project, is carrying out the following activities:
- Development of a legal framework specifying the functions of the National Office for Intellectual Property (IP Office), including:
- Facilitating discussions regarding the draft law outlining the structure and functions of the IP Office; and
- Defining the functions and procedures of the Board of Appeals within the IP Office, in accordance with the best practices in the EU.
- Development of a detailed organizational structure for the IP Office, including:
- Defining key roles, responsibilities and authority within the newly-established organizational structure, including identification of management levels and roles, segregation of duties, identification of responsibilities between different management levels, and identification of both horizontal and vertical communication mechanisms;
- Developing the profiles and job descriptions of key positions (including KPIs) for each department within the IP Office; and
- Preparing a detailed organizational structure implementation road map.
Ultimately, the MoEDT will be able to establish a simpler and quicker process for the registration of IP rights in the IP Office and this will enhance IP rights protection in Ukraine.
Follow the links below for related projects:
Budget oversight trainings for the staff of Financial and Economic Analysis Office (FEAO) and the Budget Committee of the Ukrainian Parliament
Mayors for Economic Growth
Good Governance Fund
Sharing Georgia’s Experience of Successful Reforms with Belarus