To finalize the Public Sector Financial Management Reform Support Programme implemented by PMCG together with WYG international, a 2 day Conference was conducted on the key final recommendations of PFMS in Batumi on 18-19 July 2009.
The primary purpose of this project was to assist the Ministry of Finance (MoF) in implementing the strategic directions set for the modernization of the Public Financial Management (PFM) system in Georgia by developing the applications, hardware and communications functional requirements for the implementation of an integrated Public Finance Management System (PFMS) based on the best practices.
The seminar described the work which was done by PMCG and WYG consultants, in terms of presenting the key recommendations, explaining the reason for each one and identifying the recommended application software and/or technology associated with each, where applicable.
The seminar presented the key recommendations of:
- PFMS Operational Concept Document
- Information systems that support PFMS
- Communications systems to support PFMS
The stakeholder organizations presented on the Conference were:
- The Ministry of Finance of Georgia;
- The Treasury Service of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia
- Regional Treasuries
- The Revenue Service of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia;
- The General Inspection of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia;
- The Chamber of Control of Georgia
- The National Bank of Georgia
- The Association of Young Lawyers
- The Institutional Building Development Project Implementation Unit in Georgia
- The U.S.A. Treasury
- The Economic Policy Research Center (EPRC)
- Transparency International
- Other Non-Governmental Organizations