Business Process Improvement at Diplomatic Training and Research Institute (DTRI) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)
Mendez England & Associates
PMCG is assisting the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia (MFA) to strengthen the human and institutional capacity of its legal entity of public law (LEPL) known as the Diplomatic Training and Research Institute (DTRI) under the USAID Georgia Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) 2020 Activity.
The main goals of the project are to provide high-quality training and professional development opportunities and to cultivate highly professional analytical and policy advising work to develop well-structured business processes.
In order to reach its objectives, PMCG will carry out the following activities:
- Conduct a desk study of DTRI-related documentation and reports;
- Facilitate a series of discussions with management to outline the institute’s strategic and operational objectives and to establish case-and-effect linkages between the objectives;
- Identify the DTRI’s business processes and respective process owners;
- Gather business process information & data through: organizing interviews with process owners and key performers; organizing focus group discussions; and interviewing the DTRI’s main customers;
- Document current process flows by: preparing flowcharts of “as is” processes at the performer level; identifying process flaws, risks and controls; and consolidating critical process information into process profile worksheets (PPWs);
- Analyze the performance of business processes;
- Organize a series of meetings with process owners and DTRI/MFA management to discuss the process improvement opportunities;
- Develop reconfigured process models and their respective standard operating procedures (SOPs) in light of approved BPI recommendations;
- Produce the first outline of DTRI QMH or Operations Manual through consolidating all process-related documentation into the manual; and
- Develop the initial version of the QMH or Operations Manual.
As a result of this collaboration, the project should enable the DTRI to enhance its organizational performance and bolster its institutional effectiveness.
Follow the links below for related projects:
Process Improvement and Quality Management at Sakpatenti, the National Intellectual Property Center
Developing Organizational Strategy for the Electricity Systems Commercial Operator (ESCO)
Performance Assessment for the Electricity Systems Commercial Operator (ESCO)
Conduct Institutional Performance Assessment Project of Georgian State Electrosystem (GSE)