On November 5-6, Policy and Management Consulting Group (PMCG) held a training for Policy Analysis, Strategic Planning and Coordination Department (PASPCD), a newly established governmental body at the Government of Georgia (GoG).
The training was conducted as part of PMCG’s support for the Government of Georgia (GoG) to effectively lead policy development and implementation and its collaboration with international donor organizations.
In the framework of the meeting, Aleksi Aleksishvili, Chairman of PMCG, shared best practices with the participants and discussed the full cycle of the process, covering the following topics:
- Objectives of international aid;
- Bilateral and multilateral agreements;
- External debt of the GoG and National Bank of Georgia;
- Loan conditions of international financial institutions: types, period, interest rate, payments;
- Donor assistance and its linkage with the state budget of Georgia;
- Measurement of effectiveness of donor assistance: tools and key performance indicators;
- Mapping of donor assistance;
- Reporting about donor assistance.
First of all, the collaboration will facilitate effective coordination with international donor organizations and efficient allocation of donor funds in the key priority areas of the country’s development.
As a result of significant reorganization, the PASPCD of GoG became a body to develop the country’s policy planning and implementation process and ensure efficient coordination with the international donor organizations.
USAID’s Good Governance in Georgia (G3) Program contracted PMCG, an organization with sound experience in policy development. PMCG is working with the newly established body to strengthen its capacity in the areas of leadership, negotiation, strategic planning, assessment, forecasting and monitoring of donor funds and projects, financial analysis and execution of policies.
For detailed information, please follow the link below: