Analysis of the preliminary data on FDI for the first half of 2018 revealed the following general findings:
- The financial, energy, and construction sectors attracted the most FDI;
- Azerbaijan, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands were the largest investing countries for Georgia;
- Based on the cumulative values of the past 4.5 years, transports and communications is the most attractive sector for FDI in Georgia;
- The shares of FDI from China and the EU in the total FDI in Georgia were their highest since 2014;
- Based on a semi-annual analysis, reinvestments surpassed equity for the first time in th e available data of 2013-2018.