PMCG has started providing training for Local Self-Government Management and Governance under The USAID Good Governance in Georgia (G3) Program. Under the Local Government Component of G3, which implies capacity development assistance, PMCG provides training sessions in different areas of local government public management and governance for representatives of self-governments.
The objective of this project is to design and deliver high-quality, relevant training to appointed officials in G3’s partner cities and municipalities in order to develop their knowledge and skills in several areas of municipal management and governance, and evaluate and report on capacity development results.
Particularly, training sessions will cover the following area:
- Strategic planning for city/municipal government departments
- Procurement management
- Project design, management, and evaluation
- Asset management
- Media relations
- Internal auditing and project auditing
- Legal drafting
- Design and management of municipal web portals
- Managing IT assessments, designing strategies and capacity development plans
- Investor relations for cities and municipalities.
Training sessions relies on participatory learning methods and use of case studies, that allows learning to take place in a setting where participants use their own experience to facilitate learning that is directly applicable to their work.
PMCG continues its active participation for the capacity building and institutional development of the national and local public institutions.