PMC Research has launched a new project entitled “Supporting Institutional Strengthening of the Vocational College Gantiadi and Fostering Evidence-based Teaching.”
The project aims to produce practical and effective mechanisms contributing to the institutional strengthening of vocational education institutions. Specifically, within the project’s timeframe, the PMC RC team will:
- Develop an institutional assessment tool for vocational education and training (VET) institutions in Georgia based on international best practices;
- Conduct institutional assessments to analyze Gantiadi’s needs and opportunities and devise an institutional development plan covering key areas of quality assurance in teaching, market research and stakeholder engagement;
- Develop a flexible, low-cost and practical mechanism for market assessment to be applied by the college staff to bridge the gap between VET programs and market demand;
- In close collaboration with the college staff, develop a flexible, easy-to-use and informative mechanism for quality assurance and improvement in teaching;
- Develop a stakeholder engagement strategy and an action plan that will help the college staff to establish lasting partnerships with private enterprises as well as effectively reaching out to prospective students;
- Provide on-the-job guidance for Gantiadi staff in the use of the developed mechanisms and the implementation of the action plan; and
- Provide institutional support to take advantage of the new opportunities presented by the updated VET law.
The project is being conducted in collaboration with the VET College Gantiadi located in Gori, Georgia with the financial support of the UNDP.