Ministry of International Economic Integration and Reforms of Armenia;
PMCG was awarded a framework contract by European Commission (EC) in the consortium led by ADE to implement the following project: Support to policy dialogue, coordination and reforms in Neighbourhood Investment Facility (NIF) related sectors in Armenia.
PMCG’s experts provide support and advice to the Ministry of International Economic Integration and Reforms (MIEIR) in tight collaboration with the Ministry of Finance) and the EU delegation and its development partners (WB, ADB, EBRD, KFW, EIB, IMF) in establishing policy dialogue, coordination and a monitoring mechanism in key infrastructure sector projects (targeted sectors: Transport, energy and water).
The project is divided into 3 components:
Component 1: Improving technical decision making tools and monitoring capacity
Component 2: Improving inter-institutional technical coordination
Component 3: Improving policy framework and policy dialogue
Desired outputs of these components will be as follows:
Component 1: Project assessment, coordination and monitoring tools for targeted sectors and projects
Component 2: Project database (prototype), consolidated project pipeline, other registry (e.g. asset registry for potential public investment project); Set up a donor coordination mechanism (organize regular meetings)
Component 3: Recommendations for legislative, regulatory and/or institutional framework improvement in targeted sectors; a monitoring tool for the implementation of recommendations and other sector related reforms
Types of services provided under different components:
- The expert team supports the MIEIR in developing guidelines, methodologies and mechanisms for performing cross-sectoral and specific project assessment and monitoring;
- The team provides technical support to the MIEIR to perform project assessment and monitoring and enhance staff abilities to adjust the assessment methodology in line with the current socioeconomic situation and needs, while ensuring that the principles of transparency, effectiveness and efficiency are upheld.
- The expert team assists the MIEIR in establishing a database of ongoing and planned infrastructure projects to avoid project duplication and inefficiencies;
- The team provides advice to set up technical coordination mechanisms with different line ministries and the donor community, leading to a progressive institutionalization of coordination mechanisms.
- The expert team provides recommendations for legislative, regulatory and/or institutional framework improvement in targeted sectors;
- The team creates a monitoring tool for the implementation of recommendations and other sector related reforms.