Support City Hall of Gori Municipality in Development of Building Integrity and Transparency Strategy and Action Plan
Tetra Tech ARD
Origin Of Funding
The main objective of the project is to enhance the resilience of the system of Gori City Hall against corruption, in line with the 2020-2025 Decentralization Strategy of Georgia, the national anticorruption framework and an OECD recommendation.
In order to attain its goals, PMCG, as part of a consortium led by Tetra Tech ARD, under the USAID-funded Good Governance Initiative (GGI), will undertake the following activities:
- Facilitate the establishment of a working group composed of representatives from Gori City Hall, City Council and other relevant stakeholders by drafting a decree on behalf of the Mayor;
- Analyze the anticorruption framework in Georgia at central and local levels, including the National Anticorruption Strategy and Action Plan as well as the best practices of leading OECD/GRECO member states and recommendations of relevant international and domestic institutions in connection with strengthening the anticorruption capabilities of local self-governments;
- Review and use relevant analysis prepared by the contractors of USAID’s Good Governance Initiative (GGI);
- Analyze audit reports of the State Audit Office (SAO) of Georgia in connection with Gori Municipality;
- Conduct detailed situation analysis of existing practices of transparency, integrity, and accountability in the Gori City Hall system;
- Present the main findings of the situation analysis to the leadership of Gori Municipality and key staff;
- Develop the first draft of the Building Integrity and Transparency Strategy and Action Plan based on the results of the situational analysis, best international practices, and recommendations, and in compliance with national policy planning, monitoring and evaluation guidelines, and present it to the City Hall leadership and key staff;
- Based on subsequent feedback, develop the second draft, hold public discussions, and finalize the Building Integrity and Transparency Strategy and Action Plan together with indicators and monitoring framework;
- Develop a training agenda together with training materials for capacity-building activities of respective staff of Gori City Hall on the integrity and transparency framework; and
- Plan and conduct capacity-building activities for the relevant staff of the Gori City Hall system to successfully put anticorruption measures into practice.