Government of Georgia;
PMCG, as part of a consortium led by Tetra Tech ARD, is providing support to the Civil Service Bureau in effective Human Resource Management.
The objective of this assignment is to support the Civil Service Bureau of Georgia to design and implement a Training of Trainers (ToT) program with the aim of formulating uniform and standardized job descriptions for all civil service positions in local government institutions. ToT training is provided to the staff of HR Departments of the Civil Service Bureau and Tbilisi City Hall.
In addition, Tbilisi City Municipality HR managers were trained in basic job interviewing techniques prior to the open contest to be carried out in the coming months.
During this consultancy, consultants from PMCG perform the following tasks:
- Review the job description template developed in 2014 through USAID/G3 assistance
- Develop a Technical Guide with specific focus on job analysis and development of job descriptions applicable for all stages of the human resource management in the civil service: selection, performance appraisal, job evaluation, classifying and ranking of positions
- Develop a training module on carrying out a structured process necessary for development of job descriptions
- Deliver the Training of Trainers Course to: a) 10 HR staff of the of the CSB, and selected GoG institutions; b) 5 staff of the Tbilisi City Hall on developing job descriptions with uniform and standardized specifications as agreed with the CSB management
- Develop a ToT Trainers’ Guide with practical recommendations and detailed instructions for carrying out job analysis, filling in job analysis questionnaires and job description forms including for the local governments
- Deliver mentoring to the CSB HR Department staff in development of 44 job descriptions for the CSB staff
- Deliver mentoring to the Tbilisi City Hall in development of 35 job descriptions for the Tbilisi City Hall staff
- Develop a training module on job interviewing techniques for Tbilisi City Hall Managers
- Deliver a 2-day training on job interviewing techniques to Tbilisi City Hall Managers that are members of the selection committee
USAID has awarded Tetra Tech ARD with a 5-year contract under the Office of Democracy and Governance, whose purpose is to support the Government of Georgia in strengthening overall transparency, accountability and effectiveness of selected governance and service delivery systems. GGI’s work targets the legislative and executive branches at both the central and local government levels. To ensure greater government accountability, GGI works with government and civil society representatives to enhance public participation and disseminate public information about key reforms. This activity addresses the Governing Justly and Democratically Objective of U.S. Government Foreign Assistance, and especially the promotion of well-governed states and civil society areas.
The objectives of GGI are to improve administrative and financial management of public institutions at all levels, to increase civic engagement and improved access to independent, reliable and balanced information relevant to Georgia’s good governance, to strengthen policy development and lawmaking processes and to strengthen institutional oversight of government.
Follow the links below for more detailed information:
Good Governance Initiative (GGI)
Development of a National Health Promotion Strategy and a Prioritized National Health Promotion Action Plan
Support for Preparation of General Methodology for Municipal Priority Document, Design Municipal Priority Documents for 22 Municipalities and Update Comprehensive Regional Action Plans for 6 Regions of Georgia
Regional Development Strategy Context Analysis of the Autonomous Republic of Adjara
Increasing Program Budgeting Capacity of Ministry of Labor Social and Health Affiairs of Georgia
Increasing Program Budgeting Capacity of the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia
Support to Public Finance Policy Reform (PFM)