Economic Prosperity Initiative (EPI);
PMC Research assisted the Ministry of Finance of Georgia and its State Revenue Service with the simplification of tax legislation in support of businesses and for increased effectiveness of the tax administration. It addressed two major problems with taxes and customs: one, the tax code is difficult to understand, and two, it is frequently amended. PMC Research convened a working group of experts to address these issues.
PMCG provided the following services:
- Identified problems and priorities within the Tax Code
- Verified the problems and priorities with the Consulting Council and agreed on next steps
- Organized working meeting with Taxpayers and Business Associations
- Distributed findings to ensure transparency, public participation, and awareness
- Worked to simplify tax legislation
- Organized public discussion on tax legislation issues including business associations, experts in taxation and other main stakeholders
The project improved and simplified the tax and customs administration processes, reduced the amount of changes to the Tax Code, and decreased instances of double interpretation.
Ms. Nato Beruashvili
Deputy Team Leader, BEE Component
E-mail: [email protected]