Mendez England & Associates;
The main objective of this project is to enhance organizational structure and performance of the Human Rights Education and Monitoring Center (EMC) under the USAID Georgia Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) 2020 Activity.
In order to attain its goals, we will identify the mission, goals and functions of the EMC, review its existing organizational structure and effective legal documents, provide recommendations for the best solutions to establish an effectively functioning and cooperative board within the organization, and develop an optimal model for organizational arrangements.
More specifically, PMCG, as part of a consortium led by Mendez England & Associates (ME&A), will undertake the following activities:
- Identify the EMC’s values, strategies and successes, as well as areas of concern;
- Ascertain whether the EMC’s current structure and management system ensures the achievement of the organization’s mission, as well as its strategic and operational objectives;
- Identify risks related to the distribution and duplication of functions and responsibilities between structural units of the organization;
- Identify functions and responsibilities, to be further refined to ensure the EMC’s performance enhancement;
- Carry out job analysis of the EMC’s structural units and conduct an assessment of workload allocation among staff members;
- Evaluate decision-making processes on various topics and define processes that are centralized or decentralized, and whether current practice hinders the activities of the organization;
- Assess the existing systems of management, as well as the accountability and reporting of the structural units of the organization and identify relevant connections between different levels of the organization;
- Identify existing systems of task allocation, as well as monitoring and evaluation mechanisms in relation to project implementation;
- Assess coordination, information and data exchange systems;
- Assess information sharing and communication across the organization with regard to corporate objectives, activities and challenges;
- Assess the quality assurance systems, motivation systems and tools of the organization;
- Study the best models for an NGO’s structure and conduct comparative analysis of best practices and the EMC’s organizational structure;
- Develop recommendations on the best solutions to establish an effectively functioning and cooperative board within the organization;
- Elaborate an organizational concept;
- Develop an effective organizational structure, ensuring efficient achievement of the EMC’s mission and its strategic and operational objectives;
- Develop recommendations in the area of HRM; and
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the progress or efficiency of operations at every level of the organization’s performance.
Follow the links below for related projects: