Private Sector Consulting Council under USAID Industry-led Skills Development Program
International Executive Service Corps (IESC)
United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
This project is part of USAID’s Industry-led Skills Development (ILSD) program implemented by International Executive Service Corps (IESC). The ILSD program gives the private sector a leading role in catalyzing demand-driven skills development throughout Georgia.
The Private Sector Consulting Council aims to support the private sector’s engagement, leadership, and ownership of workforce development activities. To achieve the maximum impact, the Council will help to ensure that the program approaches and interventions are evidence-based, relevant to the private sector, and tailored based on the Council’s advice.
PMCG supports the ILSD program in designing the Consulting Council’s scope, functions, and member selection criteria, as well as providing administrative and logistical support to Council meetings. In particular, PMCG assists the Council in performing the following tasks:
- Supporting the program in designing the mandate, scope, and functions of the Consulting Council, which will be an integral part of the Council’s internal rules.
- Supporting the program in the development of the Council’s member selection criteria.
- Facilitating and moderating council meetings.
- Ensuring that Council discussions are comprehensive and serve to consolidate the Council’s recommendations, and working with the program to facilitate follow-up actions.
- Based on process observation, providing recommendations to the program to further strengthen and improve the operation of the Consulting Council.