Government of Georgia;
This project is part of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) initiatives to support the Government of Georgia in implementing a new upper secondary level (grades 10-12) curriculum, aligned with the 2022 – 2030 Unified National Strategy of Education and Science. The ADB’s proposed sector development program focuses on the following three key outcomes:
- Equitable access to high-quality and diversified secondary education enhanced;
- Quality and relevance of teaching in secondary education enhanced; and
- Governance and institutional capacity of the secondary education system strengthened
In the course of this project, PMCG, along with JVA partner Particip GmbH, is providing technical assistance to the ADB and the Government of Georgia. Our role involves developing a comprehensive program for the proposed policy-based loans and investment project loans, while also building the necessary implementation capacity. Specifically, we are:
- Providing the Ministry of Education and Science (MoES) with advice, assessments, and technical inputs to design and finalize evidence-based policy reforms planned under the policy-based loan program;
- Completing the detailed policy matrix for policy-based loans and the detailed design of the investment project;
- Fulfilling due diligence requirements;
- Designing and planning program implementation arrangements; and
- Assisting in the preparation of all documents required for the program’s approval by the ADB board and the Government of Georgia.
Furthermore, our efforts encompass various activities, such as conducting analytical work, preparing comprehensive due diligence reports on technical, financial, economic, institutional, gender, and socioeconomic aspects, providing guidance and support to ensure the prompt and smooth implementation of the investment project, and boosting government capacity.