Piloting New Public and Private Sector Collaboration Mechanism for VET Training Program Development
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Origin Of Funding
United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
PMC Research Center (PMC RC) is in the process of piloting new public and private sector cooperation mechanisms to develop upskilling and reskilling vocational education and training (VET) programs in the ICT sector.
The project aims to tackle the mismatch between demand and supply of human resources as, currently, the education sector is not capable of supplying enough qualified ICT specialists to the private sector. Thus, ICT companies mostly have little option but to develop their human resources in-house.
In order to achieve the project’s goals, PMC RC is conducting the following activities:
- Creating a public-private dialogue (PPD) platform consisting of representatives of the ICT sector and education sector, including public sector personnel.
- Developing an upskilling/reskilling program for the ICT sector.
- Assessing the institutional framework and workable model for private sector engagement in the VET system.
- Developing and distributing a promotional video about the PPD platform and the upskilling/reskilling program.
- Developing a final report describing in detail the work conducted and the results achieved (including an assessment).