Performance Assessment of the Georgian Gas Transportation Company (GGTC)
Mendez England & Associates
The main goal of the project is to strengthen organizational performance and bolster the institutional effectiveness of Georgian Gas Transportation Company (GGTC) under the USAID Georgia Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) 2020 Activity.
GGTC is a government-owned company under the management of the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia, responsible for transporting natural gas across Georgia. Under the new energy law and the new natural gas market concept design, GGTC must assume new complex functions and responsibilities to meet EU market requirements.
In order to implement the new functions effectively, PMCG will assist the company to introduce changes at all organizational levels by enhancing the human and institutional capacity of GGTC.
More specifically, in order to reach its objectives, PMCG will carry out the following activities:
- Assess the “external” and “internal” environments within which GGTC delivers its mandate;
- Assess the overall institutional performance of GGTC based on the interaction of three overlapping dimensions: the environment of the workplace; the structure and design of the work processes; and the level of personnel’s skills and knowledge;
- Assess GGTC’s existing monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Assess whether GGTC’s policies and procedures incorporate the principle of gender equality and provide equal opportunities to male and female employees, as well as to customers;
- Detect any gaps in the performance of GGTC and define critical points to monitor;
- Define desired performance in measurable terms;
- Develop detailed performance improvement solutions/recommendations aimed at improving the overall quality of the services rendered by GGTC; and
- Develop performance indicators at various levels of the organization to enable GGTC to measure performance on an ongoing basis in relation to its organizational goals.
Follow the links below for related projects:
Business Process Improvement at Diplomatic Training and Research Institute (DTRI) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)
Process Improvement and Quality Management at Sakpatenti, the National Intellectual Property Center
Developing Organizational Strategy for the Electricity Systems Commercial Operator (ESCO)
Performance Assessment for the Electricity Systems Commercial Operator (ESCO)
Target of Opportunity (TO) Program for the Georgian National Communications Commission (GNCC) – Improving Business Processes, Phase I