Tetra Tech ARD;
The general objective of the project is to support the National Security Council Office (NSCO), the Civil Service Bureau of Georgia (CSB), and selected public organizations and municipalities to strengthen the resilience of the Georgian civil service with respect to emergencies as well as facilitating a quick recovery of business functions after disruptions caused by emergencies.
The specific objective of the project is to introduce the business continuity management model by piloting it in the predetermined public organizations and municipalities. It also aims to develop separate templates of the business continuity management plans for public organizations and municipalities along with relevant instructions for each stage.
In the course of the project, PMCG will undertake the following activities:
- Developing the mapping of public organizations and municipalities, taking into account their role in emergency response, as well as selecting public organizations and municipalities;
- Developing separate business continuity management plans (for selected public organizations and municipalities) addressing key components of organizational capability, including human resources, technology, and infrastructure; and
- Developing templates for business continuity management plans along with specific instructions/guidelines on how to tailor a general plan to the specific needs of the given organization/municipality;
- Preparing a presentation of key findings of the desk/field research and analysis of international best practices to the NSCO, the CSB, and the GGI; and
- Providing a two-day training on the business continuity management model to representatives of the NSCO, the CSB, the MRDI, selected public organizations and municipalities, and other target organizations.
PMCG, as a subcontractor of Tetra Tech Ard, is implementing the USAID Good Governance Initiative to support the Government of Georgia in strengthening the overall transparency, accountability, and effectiveness of selected governance and service delivery systems. The GGI’s work targets legislative and executive branches at both central and local government levels.