Good Governance Initiative (GGI)
Government of Georgia
The objective of the project is to enhance overall transparency, accountability and effectiveness of the Government of Georgia, covering legislative and executive branches at the key levels.
As a member of a consortium led by Tetra Tech, PMCG will provide assistance to strengthen key governance reforms developed to establish and enhance critical systems, processes and practices. PMCG will help to achieve the following results:
- Improved administrative and financial management of public institutions at all levels
- Increased openness of government
- Strengthened policy development and law-making processes
- Strengthened institutional oversight of government
PMCG will work with the key institutions including: Prime Minister’s Office (PMO); the Ministry of Finance (MoF); the Ministry of justice (MOJ); the Ministry of Labor, Health and Social Affairs (MOH), the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure (MRDI); Parliamentary offices and committees; the State Audit Office; and local governments, to make progress and to ensure better transparency, accountability and effective operation and service delivery to the public.
In order to reach the main goals, the working team will conduct the following activities:
- Improve internal systems and processes for long-term strategic planning and performance management;
- Strengthen local and national-level public financial management systems, covering performance-based budgeting;
- Introduce functional civil service and human resource management systems;
- Establish internal and inter-agency systems for evidence-based policy development and law making;
- Strengthen capacity of key parliamentary committees to provide oversight of line ministries’ and state agencies’ performance and spending;
- Strengthen government internal control mechanisms and systems;
- Improve systems, tools and capacity of the central government to monitor the performance of local governments based on objective and measurable.
The Good Governance Initiative (GGI) in Georgia is a five-year activity funded by the USAID/Caucasus Mission. Its purpose is to strengthen the overall transparency, accountability and effectiveness of governance in Georgia. This is to be achieved by building linkages between different branches and levels of government in key governance systems and processes, to enhance public participation in, and public information about, those governance systems and processes to ensure greater government accountability.
Follow the link below for more detailed information:
USAID Georgia, G3 Program – Training Courses for Senior Civil Servants in 14 Newly-Created Municipalities
Strengthen Government of Georgia’s (GoG) Capacity in Legal Drafting
Conducting an Information Campaign on Civil Service Reform – Good Governance in Georgia (G3) by USAID