Georgia Economic Security Program (GESP)
Government of Georgia
Origin Of Funding
The main objective of the program is to foster broad growth of micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) outside of agriculture, demonstrating strong potential to create jobs, increase income, and support diversification to ensure more productive economic activities in various sectors including tourism.
- The program is to work in the following four main directions: strengthening cooperation in targeted sectors; supporting MSMEs to enhance productivity, quality, and develop new products and services; developing an industry-led workforce; and building public-private partnerships.
- Increasing income.
- Increasing micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) revenues.
- Supporting diversification to ensure more productive economic activities in various sectors including tourism.
- Improving the workforce including professional, management, and vocational skills development.
- Supporting new service and product development.
- Strengthening cooperation between key sector stakeholders and developing and co-funding partnerships.
PMCG, as a subcontractor of DAI, will provide support in the following program component areas: value chain prioritization and gaps assessment; data gathering and analytical work; stakeholder facilitation and engagement activities to promote sector-wide collaboration; gender inclusion; and youth engagement.