IOM Country Office in Georgia;
Delegation of the European Union to Georgia;
The project aims to evaluate the results of the implementation of the Sustaining Border Management and Migration Governance (SBMMG) project, implemented since 2017, as well as a top-up funding project implemented since 2020, both by the International Organization for Migration (IOM).
The evaluation shall provide expert opinions on the implementation process, achievements, and effects of the abovementioned projects. Furthermore, as a result of the project, PMCG will issue specific recommendations directed toward the IOM, the EU Delegation in Georgia, and the relevant ministries and agencies of the Government of Georgia to inform future programming in integrated border and migration governance.
For evaluation purposes, the project employs the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s Development Assistance Committee (OECD-DAC) criteria of relevance, coherence, effectiveness, efficiency, impact, and sustainability.
Specifically, PMCG will undertake the following activities throughout the project’s implementation:
- Conduct a desk review to gather quantitative and qualitative data about project documentation and key stakeholders;
- Prepare an inception report based on secondary data analysis;
- Conduct in-depth, semi-structured interviews with key stakeholders;
- Provide the final evaluation report, including conclusions and recommendations for internal and external stakeholders; and
- Facilitate an online debriefing for the key project stakeholders to present conclusions of the evaluation and lessons learned.