Government of Georgia, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia, Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia, Parliament of Georgia;
The main goal of this project is to advance the implementation of the EU-Georgia Association Agreement (AA) and the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA), focusing on the priorities outlined in the Association Agenda and Single Support Framework 2017-2020.
In order to reach its objectives, PMCG, as part of a consortium led by IBF International Consulting, under an EU-funded project, will enhance the coordination, monitoring, evaluation and reporting mechanisms of the Government of Georgia (GoG), introduce required legal and institutional reforms, and raise public awareness about EU-Georgia agreements.
More specifically, PMCG will undertake the following activities:
- Enhance the GoG’s coordination, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of EU-Georgia agreements implementation, sustainable and linked to the general Government and Parliament work plans;
- Contribute, where relevant, to EU-Georgia cooperation, including in sectors beyond the AA, set out in “Georgia’s European integration Roadmap – Roadmap2EU”;
- Enhance the capacity and mechanisms of oversight of the Parliament of Georgia in the AA/DCFTA implementation;
- Strengthen the compliance of Georgian legislation and legislative initiatives with EU norms related to the AA, the DCFTA and the Association Agenda commitments;
- Enhance the mechanisms, capacity and practices of conduction of regulatory, economic and social impact assessments in the drafting of new legislation as required in the framework of the AA implementation process;
- Enhance Government coordination and monitoring of EU assistance at national level;
- Enhance policy and staff capacities of Georgian public agencies;
- Enhance the processes and quality of legal translation in the approximation of legislation;
- Enhance communication on EU-Georgia agreements involving the Government and the Parliament of Georgia among national, local and regional public authorities, businesses, and society.
Follow the links below for related projects: