The Civil Service Bureau (CSB) of Georgia;
The project aims to enhance the effectiveness of digital learning services in Georgia. Specifically, we will identify the challenges posed by the shift to distance learning in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and will examine effective mechanisms to address such challenges, based on which a unified learning platform will be created for civil servants.
In particular, PMC Research will undertake the following activities:
- Analyze existing research on the professional development of civil servants in Georgia, as well as the legal framework and international experience of professional development services offered through distance learning platforms;
- Develop a sampling frame that accurately reflects the diversity of regions densely populated by ethnic minority groups, and design valid research instruments to capture challenges that civil servants could face among these groups;
- Gather qualitative data through key informant interviews and focus group discussions with the representatives of the Civil Service Bureau (CSB) of Georgia and educational institutions, HR personnel of public institutions, and civil servants;
- Conduct a large-scale phone survey of civil servants, with a specific focus on ethnic minorities to collect data on their digital competence and readiness to adapt to online learning; and
- Elaborate recommendations for the development of an effective online learning platform for civil servants.