Developing Organizational Strategy for the Electricity Systems Commercial Operator (ESCO)
Electricity Systems Commercial Operator (ESCO)
PMCG is being subcontracted by Mendez England & Associates (ME&A), to develop an organizational strategy for the Electricity Systems Commercial Operator (ESCO), under the USAID/Georgia Human and Institutional Capacity Development 2020 (HICD 2020) program.
The general objective of the program is to develop and, where necessary, strengthen the institutional and human capacity of ESCO to enable it to better perform its core functions.
Specific objectives of the program include:
- Accomplishing scenario planning to prepare for changes and clarifying the implications or consequences of every major scenario for the organization
- Facilitating a participatory process to assist ESCO’s management to develop, clarify and communicate ESCO’s mid-term strategic objectives in line with national energy priorities
- Developing the implementation/tactical plan for the next 24 months
- Identifying the critical areas of organizational performance to measure
- Identifying the organizational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and department level operational indicators, collecting baseline data, setting benchmarks and targets
- Developing Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) concept including requirements, policies and procedures
PMCG’s team performs the following activities:
- Assisting ESCO to develop an aligned and integrated management planning and performance system
- Improving the capacity of ESCO staff to develop a range of plans (scenarios), to evaluate these plans, to clarify their impact or consequences on the organization, and select the best alternative with which to proceed
- Facilitating elaboration of a mid-term/transitional strategic plan for the next two years
- Reconfiguring flows of selected critical business processes
- Developing the M&E concept and plan for ESCO’s institutional strategy including requirements, policies and procedures, tasks and responsibilities
- Identifying the organizational KPIs and department level operational indicators; collecting baseline data, setting benchmarks and targets
The USAID/Georgia Human and Institutional Capacity Development 2020 Activity (HICD 2020) is a five-year project of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The project is designed to assist the USAID Caucasus Mission in addressing its partner organizations’ administrative limitations and performance gaps that impede the effective implementation of all key reforms, including those related to the European Union Association Agreement, the Open Government Action Plan, and Civil Service Reform.
HICD 2020 is implemented by Mendez England & Associates (ME&A) and its consortium members Chemonics International and Performance Design Partners (PDP).
Follow the links below for related projects:
Supporting Electricity Systems Commercial Operator (ESCO) to Meet Market Demand
Conduct Institutional Performance Assessment Project of Georgian State Electrosystem (GSE)