Consultancy to Support the Civil Service Bureau of Georgia to the Improve Crisis Management Capability in the Civil Service System
Tetra Tech ARD
Origin Of Funding
The general objective of the project is to support the Civil Service Bureau (CSB) of Georgia to improve crisis management capability in the civil service system.
Specifically, the project aims to support the CSB by:
- Analyzing challenges identified in public agencies during the crisis;
- Based on these findings and best international practices, creating respective crisis management guidelines for the reference of civil servants with decision-making mandates; and
- Creating guidelines defining the role of the CSB during crises.
In the course of the project, PMCG will develop:
- An inception report highlighting key findings of the desk research, specifically overviewing challenges identified in public agencies during the crisis;
- A mid-term report summarizing key findings of the interviews/focus group discussions, including several case studies describing crisis-related challenges, and outlining the importance of guidelines and better preparedness; and
- Guidelines and recommendations on crisis management in the civil service system.
PMCG, as a subcontractor of Tetra Tech Ard, is implementing the USAID Good Governance Initiative to support the Government of Georgia in strengthening the overall transparency, accountability, and effectiveness of selected governance and service delivery systems. The GGI’s work targets the legislative and executive branches at both central and local government levels.