Assisting Kutaisi City Municipality in Elaboration of the Economic Development Strategy
Government of Georgia
PMCG, as part of the consortium led by Tetra Tech ARD, is providing support to Kutaisi City municipality in elaboration of the Economic Development Strategy. The main objective of the project is to assist Kutaisi City municipality in developing a long term vision and mission of the city, identifying potential priority directions for economic development and developing projects to be implemented under each priority directions.
PMCG team will provide following services to the Kutaisi City municipality, responsible for preparing Economic Development Strategy:
- Thoroughly review and analyze already existing outputs developed by the Working Group (long term vision for the Kutaisi City Economic Development as well as the mission of the city; potential priority directions for economic development; general vision about the projects to be implemented under each priority direction for economic development) and develop a set of recommendations to further improve the above mentioned outputs
- Through close engagement with the Working Group, develop an Action Plan for elaboration of the economic development strategy of Kutaisi city including timelines, assignment of responsibilities, and detailed outputs
- Closely engage with the Working Group to improve and finalize a long term vision for the Kutaisi City Economic Development; the mission of the city, and priority directions for economic development
- Participate in series of meetings and discussions in order to support and advise the Working Group in identifying projects to be implemented under each priority area for economic development
- Provide support to the Working Group to develop and finalize the above mentioned projects
- Provide advice to the Working Group to solicit necessary financial resources for project implementation
- Provide support to the Working Group to elaborate draft Economic Development Strategy for Kutaisi city
- Provide support to the Working Group to hold public discussions on draft Economic Development Strategy for Kutaisi city or its individual components
- Provide support to the Working Group to finalize an agreed Economic Development Strategy for Kutaisi city
USAID has awarded Tetra Tech ARD with a 5-year contract under the Office of Democracy and Governance, whose purpose is to support the Government of Georgia in strengthening overall transparency, accountability and effectiveness of selected governance and service delivery systems. GGI’s work targets the legislative and executive branches at both the central and local government levels. To ensure greater government accountability, GGI works with government and civil society representatives to enhance public participation and disseminate public information about key reforms. This activity addresses the Governing Justly and Democratically Objective of U.S. Government Foreign Assistance, and especially the promotion of well-governed states and civil society areas.
The objectives of GGI are to improve administrative and financial management of public institutions at all levels, to increase civic engagement and improved access to independent, reliable and balanced information relevant to Georgia’s good governance, to strengthen policy development and lawmaking processes and to strengthen institutional oversight of government.
Follow the links below for more detailed information:
Good Governance Initiative (GGI)
Support for Preparation of General Methodology for Municipal Priority Document, Design Municipal Priority Documents for 22 Municipalities and Update Comprehensive Regional Action Plans for 6 Regions of Georgia
Regional Development Strategy Context Analysis of the Autonomous Republic of Adjara
Increasing Program Budgeting Capacity of Ministry of Labor Social and Health Affiairs of Georgia
Increasing Program Budgeting Capacity of the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia
Support to Public Finance Policy Reform (PFM)