Ministry of Finance and Economy of the Autonomous Republic of Adjara (MoFEA);
PMCG and Georgian Evaluations Association (GEA) provided, through facilitation and consulting, technical assistance to the MoFEA in the organizational strategic planning activity.
The Ministry of Finance and Economics of the Adjara Autonomous Republic is a part of the Government of the Autonomous Republic of Adjara. Its mandate is to form and implement effective economic policy to provide stable economic growth of the Autonomous Republic. The MoFEA’s priority goals are to provide financial stability of the Adjara Autonomous Republic’s budget, improve the investment environment, develop regional infrastructure, create a more favorable entrepreneurial environment, increase investments in the regional economy, help create new jobs in the private business sector, reduce poverty and provide for the stable growth of the regional economy.
USAID (Public Administration Reform Program) together with PMCG and GEA provided technical assistance to improve the Ministry’s organizational capacity and effectiveness of operations.
By assisting with strategic planning, USAID Public Administrative Reform Project intended to help the Ministry to consolidate its vision on organizational development and improve operations within its mandate and priority activity areas.
PMCG and GEA provided the following deliverables:
- Summary report on the organizational status of the Ministry of Finance and Economy;
- Draft strategic plan document elaborated on the basis of the five-day Strategic Planning Workshop report;
- Draft 2009 Action Plans for each MoFEA department drafted by the workgroups consisting of PMCG/GEA experts and MoFEA personnel;
- Final drafts of MoFEA Strategic Plan and departments’ Action Plans;
- Summary reports of stakeholder roundtable meetings on draft strategic documents;
- Finalized MoFEA Strategic Plan;
- Finalized MoFEA departments’ Action Plans;
- Internal monitoring tools and measurement criteria document.