PMCG is assisting the Finance Department of the Georgia Red Cross Society (GRCS) in developing and strengthening the accounting and financial management capacities. The goal is to strengthen the capacity of the Finance Department of the GRCS in order to develop its financial systems to internationally accepted standards of accounting.
The objectives are as follows:
- To strengthen accounting and financial management capacity of the GRSC;
- To streamline accounting and financial systems and procedures;
- To establish institutional mechanism for implementation of effective financial system;
- To assist the GRCS Finance Department to develop a Financial Management Policies and Procedures Manual to better reflect financial management needs;
- To ensure conformity of the financial and general management systems and procedures with international requirements;
- To enhance knowledge, competence and technical skills of the GRCS staff on the best financial and accounting practices.
The project is implementing under the USAID, World Learning/Georgia, and FORECAST Program.
PMCG (www.pmcg.ge) is an independent management and policy consulting company established in 2007. We have already successfully implemented more than 50 projects in the business sector, as well as in public sector consulting. In the space of 3 years, PMCG implemented projects supported by various local and international institutions: WB, UNDP, EU, USAID, JICA, and DFID.