PMCG congratulates participants who successfully completed the training on Government Finance Statistics and Public Sector Accounting course. PMCG awarded special certificates to the following employees of the Ministry of Internally Displaced People from the Occupied Territories, Refugees and Accommodation of Georgia:
1. Koba Khubunaia- Head of the Financial Department
2. Koba Selemashvili- Chief Specialist
3. Nino Kobaidze- Chief Specialist
4. Davit Kvaratskhelia- Chief Specialist
5. Manana Natsvaladze- Chief Specialist
6. Tamar Jinjikhadze- Chief Specialist
7. Elizaveta Margiani- Chief Specialist
8. Manana Tsukilashvili- Chief Specialist
The World Bank contracted PMCG to provide a targeted financial management training program for the Finance Department staff of the Ministry of Internally Displaced People from the Occupied Territories, Refugees and Accommodation of Georgia. The goal of the training was to improve the overall finance management system of the Ministry through increasing the capacity of selected key staff of the FD.
The topics of the training program were as follows:
- Accounting Instruction for Budget-Financed Organizations (Accounting)
- Government Finance Statistics Manual 2001(GFSM-2001)
- Financial Management and Procurement Manual
This financial management training program will strengthen the financial management capacity of the Finance Department (FD) because trainees have developed technical skills for keeping their financial management and procurement manual continuously updated and in line with the existing financial management practices in place at the FD. It also increased FD staff awareness of the existing accounting and financial reporting methodology, its development history and the accounting reform strategy for the decade ahead.