The United Water Supply Company of Georgia (UWSCG)
KfW Development Bank
We recently started working on a new project entitled “Communal Infrastructure for Environment and Tourism Improvement – Lot 2: Accompanying Measures,” aimed at improving the living conditions of people in four Georgian municipalities (Baghdati, Vani, Samtredia, and Kazbegi) through improving the supply of hygienically-sound drinking water and environmentally-safe sanitation infrastructure.
As well-functioning communal infrastructure is a prerequisite for tourism and economic development, the project will contribute to poverty reduction and the overall improvement of socio-economic conditions in the target municipalities. The project is also expected to have a positive effect on the health of the population of target municipalities.
The specific objective of the project is to support the United Water Supply Company of Georgia (UWSCG) in supplying quality water and wastewater services through the provision of the following consulting services:
- Technical, administrative, and financial capacity-building of the UWSCG and its regional and local service centers;
- Supporting the UWSCG’s regional and local service centers and municipalities in public relations, public awareness-raising, and information campaigns; and
- Deployment of a TruBudget platform, which is a collaborative workflow tool to track and coordinate the implementation of donor-funded investment projects.
In order to achieve the project objectives, we will support the UWSCG in the following areas of expertise:
- Processing of development partner funds via TruBudget;
- Public relations and awareness, information campaigns, providing input and recommendations on strategic communications objectives;
- Environmental and social issues;
- Commercial operations and updating customer databases;
- Commercial management, financial planning, and accounting;
- Human resources; and
- Technical management.
As a result of the project, the UWSCG will benefit from strengthened management at the financial, administrative and technical levels and will be fully capable of operating and maintaining improved as well as newly-constructed infrastructure.
“The importance of the project is crucial, as it will improve the overall performance of the United Water Supply Company of Georgia (UWSCG) including its service centers by improving institutional, financial and digital integration to minimize losses and increasing collection and billing efficiency,”said Vano Tavadze, PMCG’s Institutional Consultant.