Deputy Chief of Party - USAID Georgia Agricultural Trade Program
Interview, Reference Check
June 19, 2023
Policy and Management Consulting Group (PMCG) is looking for a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID Georgia Agricultural Trade Program. The purpose of the USAID/Georgia Agricultural Trade Program is to strengthen Georgia’s capacity to export sustainability to high-value markets. The Program will support export diversification, strengthen local agricultural market systems in Georgia, and attract new private investment into the sector. In order to achieve its purpose, this program is expected to address three objectives: 1) Increased market linkages with non-malign markets, with a specific focus on reducing dependence on the Russian market; 2) Improved capacity of agricultural enterprises to access export markets, including compliance with international standards and improving or establishing export-oriented infrastructure for agricultural goods; 3) Strengthened climate-responsive food and agricultural systems.
The DCoP will support the Chief of Party (CoP) in running the field office efficiently, providing daily management of the program and oversight of staff.
- Provide overall strategic, technical, and programmatic leadership in collaboration with the CoP
- Ensure compliance with the contract, FARs and AIDARs and local laws
- Manage the recruitment processes, oversee resource allocation, the budget, and all project financial resources, and supervise local staff
- Produce effective written reports and oral presentations on the program, including preparing periodic reports, updating on developmental challenges facing the program, and articulating the program`s success in meeting deliverables
- Communication and negotiation with the subcontractors
- Serve as the interim Chief of Party (COP) when the COP is not available
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in a directly related field
- Experience in a senior project management role on donor-funded activities of similar scale and scope, ideally those funded by USAID
- Experience with USAID’s ADS procedures, financial management, program and operational cycle and reporting requirements preferred
- Experience managing Grants Under Contract (GuC) preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to foster professional relationships
- Excellent management, communication, and organization skills are essential
- Ability to multi-task and work to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required
[email protected] and indicate the title “DCOP ATP 06/23” in the email subject line.
To apply, please send your Resume to the following email address: [email protected] and indicate the title “DCOP ATP 06/23” in the email subject line.
PMCG is committed to achieving workforce diversity and is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Equality is fully incorporated in all PMCG’s work as a universal human right.
The processing of personal data will be carried out by PMCG, which operates by international data protection standards. The purpose of the processing of personal data is to determine the candidate’s compliance with the requirements of the existing/future vacancy to make an employment decision and be kept for a period not exceeding 10 years. The candidate is entitled to receive information about the processed personal data about him/her, which he/she provided to the PMCG, and to request correction and updating of the information; Add, block, delete, and/or destroy; For this, please contact us by e-mail: [email protected].